Saturday, May 6, 2017

CHANGE, CHANGE, MORE CHANGE

Change has never been a good friend of mine. I am the kind of person who will order the same food over and over again at a restaurant.  I will always go the same way home when I am driving even if it would be faster going the other way. I wish I was the type of person who can deal with change easily. It makes life a lot easier if you can adapt to a situation quickly. For me, the biggest change in my life will be happening when I go to college. I’ll have to get used to not seeing the same people everyday. In September, I will have a roommate that I have never met before. It is strange because my senior year has finally been the time I have felt grounded and happy with the people around me. Now I feel like it is going to be a huge 180 when I go to UD. Not everything will be different, but it will feel different enough. Although I am apprehensive about all this change, I know it will be good for me. In college, I want to branch out and find new friends. I feel that there are so many different types of people that I don't even know about. Sticking with the same group of people has made it difficult to find new people to associate with. Hopefully I will be able to become good friends with my roommate. Maybe I won't. Whatever happens, I know that I will still have local friends I can come back to. Not only do I want to meet new people, I also want to find some new interests and finally pursue old ones. Only three years ago, I started to pick up on drawing. Because of school, I never had enough time to fully dedicate myself to improving my art. In college, I hopefully will have enough free time and less stress on random homework assignments. I also want to continue playing the trumpet. I have been playing the trumpet for about 8 years and it would be a shame to stop playing. Recently, I had my last band concert and it made me really sad thinking I will not  be apart of a concert band anymore. Hopefully I can be apart of the marching band. I am also open to some new interests and hobbies. Maybe I can pick up on knitting or go to a bunch of concerts I've always wanted to go to. Another change I am ready to see is a whole new environment. Of course, I will only be a little ways away from my house and I also grew up on Main Street. However, it will be a change of pace for the type of classes and the place I'm going to live at. Although it will be difficult at first to adapt to, I know in the end I will be fine. Change needs to happen in everyone’s life in order to have growth.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post as change is the only constant in life, and zen philosophy advocates us to view each change as positive, which, in turn will affect our reaction to it.

    ReplyDelete