Sunday, September 11, 2016

Letter to a Friend in a Bad Place

I've been worried about you a lot lately.

I know, I'm also the type of person who doesn't want to press your own issues onto someone else, I get it. But, you've been in a dark place for a while now. I remember a while back you seeked me out for help and I hadn't known the severity of the situation. I never knew the real reason why you were depressed. I wish I had known. You kept your secrets in a locked box and it took someone else, not you, to finally hand me the key. For that, I'm sorry. Part of me wishes I was still clueless but it is a burden I am willing to carry for you. It's a burden I want to help you carry, if you let me.

The worst part is that you don't know that I know your secret.  I don't want to break your trust by telling you but you are already breaking inside. I don't want to sit back and wait for you to tell me yourself. I don't know how long that will take.

It is such a helpless feeling. I want to do everything for you but I feel like I can't do anything at all. I hate facing the facts.

He hurts you. You're hundreds of miles away. I want to give you a hug. I can't. And I'm sorry.

Love,
Your Helpless Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment